Saturday, January 24, 2015

Introduction

Hi! My name is Devan McDowell but I tend to go by Dev. I'm a second semester freshman at the University of Tampa. I am really happy with decision I made to travel far away from my hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania....although, all my friends and family question if I actually go to school or if I'm on vacation due to my beachy Facebook posts! lol. 





When I first came to the University, I knew that I wouldn't been joining any sorority because that just wasn't me. I decided that I needed to join something, so I tried out for the school's cheerleading team. I MADE IT! 





Unfortunately after only a few short months, I made the decision to leave the team... :( I have been cheering since I was in middle school, 11 years old, and felt that the cheer team at the University of Tampa wasn't challenging enough, or w e l l o r g a n i z e d. I am happy I gave the experience a shot considering I made great friends, and found my roommate for next year! (featured in the first picture above) Woo Hoo!

I took four years of graphic design in high school so I'm very familiar with a lot of the programs talked about in class. I'm excited to see what I will remember and what I will need to relearn. The projects I did in high school were more for presentation and basically just the fun of it. My teacher was very laid-back and funny so she let us do whatever project we wanted. I'm excited to make projects in this class that I could possibly show to future employers and maybe even find a dream career! 

I am a very positive, open-minded individual who is just trying to find her place in the world! A strong belief I have is: I refuse to go into major/career path for the money aspect. I believe that if you are doing something you truly love and enjoy, that the money will come to YOU! I love learning new things, especially artistic stuff that will give me the ability to speak my mind through design. I plan to have a great second semester with the students and professor in this class! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment