Sunday, February 1, 2015

Logo analysis

1. I personally feel the logo of Nike is one of the world's most largely known logo. The iconic check mark is easily visible and can be printed in multiple  colors according to theme of  different products. Nike's slogan "just do it" also goes with with their logo due to the fact that after you "just do it" you can check it off of your list of things to do. I feel nike has created a very strong logo to represent their brand. 
2. Pizza Hut has changed their logo multiple times over the years. The logo on left is their old one and the logo on the right is their recently new one. I feel that due to Pizza Hut's changing logos the company has lost many customers. In an advertising class that I had last semester, we learned that changing your logo a lot can confuse consumers of company ownership. It seems that has been the case for this brand. Comparing the two logos I feel that the old one represents the brand better than the new one. The new one actually reminds me of the target logo, whereas the old one is clean and understandable. The colors in the old logo resemble the colors of a pizza and I think that is a clever concept to have in their logo. I would recommend to the brand to change their logo back to the old one and keep it that way! 


3. Diet Coke has made a few little changes to their logo over the years but it basically has stayed the same. I enjoy this logo because I feel it's simple and appealing. The curve in the D represents the crisp taste of the soda where the bold, red, "coke" looks great on the can. Diet coke has a rather large target audience and I think their logo is successful in reaching so many consumers. 



4. I chose this logo to write about specifically because I think I would like to do a logo for a make up company. Urban Decay is obviously a makeup company with a large audience of women from 15 years old to about 50 years old. Their make up is very bold and colorful. The deep purple in their logo is also seen in most of their packaging. I find this useful to consumers because it makes it easy to pick out the brand in large make up stores. The use of a font with curvy edges is clever in the logo considering their slogan: beauty with an edge. The bold "UD" is also clever of the brand considering a lot of their products are very bold and can really make a statement to your outfit and look. 




5. The last logo I chose to analyze is the logo of a hair product line called Organics. I feel the logo on the bottle is very clean and sleek. My favorite part of the logo is the little droplet from the bottom center of the large "O". I think it represents the product well because shampoo is normally used when your hair is wet, and to me the droplet represents a fresh nourishing ability which is what most people want their hair products to do.  I like the clean simple style of the "O". I feel I seem to gravitate more to simple logos with natural and dull colors rather than bright, bold logos. I think I tend to like these types of logos more because to me, sleek and clean represents more of an expensive higher quality brand, rather than a bright, big bold logo that looks like the brand would represent cheap products.

No comments:

Post a Comment