Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Vector Illustration

In this project we were directed to draw an illustration from a photograph. I decided to honor the legendary comedian and do my project on Robin Williams. For the illustration, I used the pen and pencil tool. For the background I used the pencil tool to draw shapes, then blurred them together with the blur effect. When drawing Robin, I outlined the bigger objects in the photograph like his shirt, collar of his shirt, neck, ears, hair, head, nose, and eyes. I filled each part with a solid color and then went back and made shapes out of the lighter and darker areas of the objects to make them feel real, and not cartoonish. I feel pretty good about my project, and if Robin was still here to see it, I feel like he would appreciate it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment